Monday, July 1, 2013

Bountiful Baskets Blessings


Recently we learned of a food co-op called Bountiful Baskets from our wonderful new church family.

We've never done one of these co-ops before. We had thought of it, checked into it, but the prices and selections were never a good match for our family.

This one was different. The prices tremendously reasonable; the selection of veggies and fruit fitting for our family; the other offerings of bread/tortillas/granola/honey/olive oil also a great deal. We decided to give it a go.

This past pick-up – our first - we were privileged to get a HUGE case of peaches.

Who doesn't LOVE peaches?

Our kids, Techno-genius, and I were thrilled to receive such a yummy treat.

We had peaches for peaches sake – just ate 'em. Sliced, whole. Didn't matter – juicy, yummy peaches. Messy, but ever so tasty.

Then...... I made....... 'peach crisp'.

I knew Techno and I would love this. Even thought the big kids would enjoy it. But the littles.... I wasn't so sure.

Techno-genius helped me peel the peaches and assemble the crisp. Trinity 'tasted' the crumble and gave her approval.  

"Mmmmm" – smiles and thumbs up.

After baking, the girls oooed and awed. Except Selah who decided candy might taste better.

We served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I'd say it was a hit.
Good to the last lick.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only check comments for spam.