Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Getting in Shape is Hard to Do

It's been almost a month since I began my healthy quest.

I've had a lot of successes, but I've also had some struggles.

I started out strong on ALL fronts.

60 - 80 oz of water a day....

Limiting my meals to lean protein, fruits, veggies, and a small portion of complex carbs -- each and every meal....

Actually EATING breakfast -- not just drinking a couple pots of coffee.....

Incorporating 3 small snacks of either fruit, veggies, or lean protein -- you know a palm full of nuts; an apple; carrots; etc....

Eliminating coffee and junk food from my diet.....

Exercising for 30-60 minutes 3-5 days a week!

Then....

I....

Didn't.....

Exercise......

At.....

All.......

Last week!

I managed to keep my diet on track.... for the most part.

With the carnival and a 4H pizza dinner before set up, I did go 'off course' for a couple meals, but I DID manage to keep my portions small.

I guess I can't be too upset with myself. This is L-I-F-E! I realize that not ALL food I eat will ALWAYS be the most healthy.  Not all will fit into my little formula.  Plus, I have lost 10 pounds in this last month.

It's ok.

As long as it doesn't become the 'norm' again.

Today I recommitted.

My focus is on getting the exercise in as well as watching the overall content of my nutritional intake.

I tried to make excuses as to WHY I should skip my workout.  I have to clean, do laundry, bake Trinity's birthday cake, chop up pineapple to freeze.

The list could continue.

I could nap -- after all, tomorrow we will be 'on the go' all. day. long.

However, I resisted.  I forced myself to change into my exercise clothes.  Walk to the back porch.  Put in the workout DVD.  And complete the workout.

I'm so glad I did. I feel more energized. More alert.  More ready to finish all those 'excuses' I made before.

Today's workout of choice?  Biggest Loser Bootcamp -- week 1-2 workout.

Only 30 minutes, but a good combination of cardio and strength training.

Now... to bake a cake for a precious little soon-to-be 8 year old.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I only check comments for spam.