Thursday, February 7, 2013

Setting up my blog

So, I took the plunge and started a blog.  It's only taken me..... 3 years to give in to my fab hubby.  (Who, by the way, is a techno genius- so this blogging thing wasn't intimidating to him.)

I've been journalling for several months now and posting on facebook for years.  Why then, do you ask, was blogging such a jump?  Don't ask me - I just kept saying "I can't blog."  Well, the proof was in the pudding, so to speak.  Doug - you remember him - that techno genius love of my life I live with? - set me up on blogger through google.  Easy peasy.  Yeah, right.  Originally, I had my heart set on the blog name 'Pistol Packin' Mama' - makes sense.  We moved to Wyoming where EVERYONE owns a gun and well, I want to own one too and shoot thing - targets ya'll, targets.  A friend suggested the name and I fell in love with it.  When I finally conceded that I'd start a blog, Doug checked to see if that name was available -- it was. I was elated.

Well, in normal Liz fashion, I didn't get to setting up said blog for several more days. By that time - 'Pistol Packin' Mama' was taken. Bummer.  I tried several "variations" of that name 'Pistol Packing Mama', 'Pistol Packin' Mom', 'Pistol Packin' mommy'. All taken.  Then I thought I'd go outside the box and do 'Wannabe Pistol Packin' Mama'.  Yep, it was free - but... in the words of my wise eldest son "it's a bit long".  So, my hunt continued.

Mountain Mama.  I liked it - it fit and it was available. So, I signed up and posted my first 2 blurbs to my newfound blog.  I sent techno-genius and a friend the name and they too went and checked it out.  Well, techno-genius went through MY page so he found it and read away.  My friend went to Mountain Mama's blog and... it wasn't mine.  UUGH!  HOW???  Well, when you spell Mountain Mama as MountIan Mama - it shows up available. Imagine that?

So.... techno-genius and I put our heads together and started trying to come up with YET another name for my blog.  Conceal and Carry Mama - didn't like it; Mountain Mama 6 - not original; Then.... my wonderful husband - I told you he was a genius, says, "Six Shootin' Mama".  I LOVED it.  We have 6 kids - I want to own a gun and shoot things.  So, we checked, it was available, we snatched it up.

Then came techno's time to shine -- I batted my big brown eyes and asked him to transfer my "Mountain Mama" posts to my new blog and then delete the old blog.  Crazy - I've been blogging for half an hour and I've already had 2 blogs.  Giggle.  Seems many simple things I make not-so-simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only check comments for spam.