Saturday, January 4, 2014

Silence

I sit here looking out the window at our majestic mountains we now call home.  Silence.

The only sound I hear is the furnace running and the keys on my laptop clicking.  Silence.

It's only a few days after Christmas.  Silence.

Techno and Jacob are off helping friends pull the three elk they just shot to their truck.  Silence.

Nap time for littles.  Silence.

Bethany and Elijah are playing at the neighbors house.  Silence.

This doesn't happen too often.  Silence.

I'm home - more or less alone.  Silence.

Time to think, to ponder, to pray, to reminisce, to plan.  Silence.

The new year is fast approaching. Silence.

So many things I could and should do.  Silence.

So many plans I could make.  Silence.

Instead....

I'm going to make a cup of tea.
Sit quietly alone in my recliner, wearing my cozy slippers.
Sip said tea while gazing at our Christmas tree and the mountains out the window.
Thanking God for and enjoying this time of.......

SILENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only check comments for spam.