Friday, January 17, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Soup

In our Bountiful Baskets recently I chose to order an extra box of squash.  Not sure WHY I did that as squash is NOT a favorite with most members of our household.

The description stated they were hoping for butternut, acorn, and pumpkin. I have a great recipe for butternut squash risotto and I had visions of using the pumpkin in lots of fun things.  What I didn't anticipate was.......  THE. SPAGHETTI. SQUASH!

Techno really dislikes - greatly - said squash.

I managed to get 2 BIG spaghetti squashes in this box.

What to do, what to do?

So far.... they have just sat there. I used the butternut squash, there was NO pumpkins, and I used the acorn squash (albeit not many actually LIKED the finished product, but....)

Now, I'm determined to make the spaghetti squash into something the family will eat.

My thought?           S-O-U-P!!!

They all liked the butternut squash soup, my rationalization is they'll also like spaghetti squash soup.

Yes, I realize I may be deluded on this one.

Today I'm going to attempt to make this soup.  I'm winging it a bit.  I found some recipes on Pinterest for such a soup, but I think I'm going to go a bit rogue and make up my own final product.

I'll let you know how it goes. If it gets eaten or if our compost just gets bigger.  LOL!

Do you have a favorite recipe for squash?  Particularly spaghetti squash that does NOT include spaghetti sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only check comments for spam.